Stabilized Normal Prime for APS-C
Delivering a “normal-length” 52.5mm equivalent on APS-C–format E-mount cameras, the Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS Lens is a versatile and lightweight option that will fit a variety of shooting scenarios. It offers a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture for working in difficult lighting conditions and image stabilization also aids in making sharp imagery when shooting handheld.
- A maximum aperture of f/1.8 offers excellent low-light imaging capabilities along with the ability to create images with a shallow depth of field.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
Image Stabilization and Autofocus
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system on the Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS Lens can be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- An internal focus mechanism contributes to faster, more responsive autofocus, the minimum focus distance of 11.8″, and easier handling as the lens does not change in length during use.