Nikon AF Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4-5.6G Lens
Simple yet versatile, the Nikon AF Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4-5.6G from is a wide-reaching telephoto zoom well–suited for a variety of subjects ranging from portraits to wildlife. The 13 elements, 9 groups optical design features a Super Integrated Coating to suppress flare and ghosting in order to generate greater contrast and color accuracy when working harsh lighting and backlit conditions. The lens’s autofocus system affords quick and precise control, and manual focus adjustment is also available. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm on the Nikon AF Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4-5.6G contributes a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality to suit shallow depth of field techniques.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 105-450mm equivalent focal length.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system is compatible with select Nikon DSLRs that support D-type lenses, and offers quick and precise focusing performance.
- Autofocus is not supported by DSLRs lacking an autofocus motor, such as the D3000-series, D5000-series, D40, D40X, and D60, where the lens may be used with manual focus only.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.