Ideal for photographing distant subjects, the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II is an 88-400mm-equivalent zoom covering a versatile range of telephoto focal lengths. One ultra-low dispersion element is featured in the optical design to greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a DC Micro Motor autofocus system delivers quick focusing performance and a minimum focusing distance of 3.6′ is available for close-up shooting.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs and provides an 88-400mm equivalent focal length range.
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion glass element noticeably reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4 stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A DC Micro Motor autofocus system provides quick focusing performance and a dedicated AF/MF switch allows for quick switching between auto and manual focusing methods.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.