Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- 225-750mm Equivalent on APS-C Cameras
- Aperture Range: f/5-6.7 to f/22-32
- Low Dispersion and Aspherical Elements
- VC Image Stabilization with 3 Modes
- BBAR-G2 and Fluorine Coatings
- VXD eXtreme-Torque Drive Linear AF Motor
- 82mm Front Filter Size
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
The dynamic Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E full frame mirrorless cameras is a compact and versatile super-telephoto zoom lens well suited to capture a wide array of subjects ranging from landscapes and birds to sports and wildlife photography. The optical construction features 25 elements in 16 groups and utilizes special lens elements and hybrid aspherical lens elements to control chromatic aberrations. Each element features a BBAR-G2 coating to reduce flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy. The VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism delivers extreme high-speed and high-precision movement and ensures exceptionally responsive performance and is compatible with Sony Hybrid AF and Eye AF features in enabled cameras. The minimum object distance of 23.6″ at 150mm end of the zoom range provides dynamic close-up imaging and add to the lens’ remarkable overall usability.
The VC image stabilization facilitates shooting handheld at the 500mm ultra-telephoto position, and the Arca-type-compatible rotating tripod mount has integrated strap attachment loops for safety and support when shooting in the field. Designed and built with moisture-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions, plus a fluorine coating on the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smudging. Other key features of the Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E are:
- Versatile ultra Telephoto zoom for Sony E-mount full-frame-format mirrorless cameras with a 225-750mm equivalent focal length when used on an APS-C format camera body.
- VC image stabilization facilitates shooting handheld at the 500mm ultra-telephoto position, with three modes: standard, panning, and framing priority.
- XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion), LD (Low Dispersion), and GM (Glass-Molded Aspherical) elements greatly reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and image distortion throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating has been applied to lens elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Rotating Arca-type tripod mount with incorporated strap attachment loops.
- Switches redesigned for improved operability, plus Flex Zoom Lock mechanism to hold zoom position.
- Included lens hood is protected with flexible, shock-absorbing front rim to prevent cracks and damage.
- Zoom ring small 75° arc of rotation enables swift adjustment to the desired focal length with minimal movement.
- VXD Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive linear motor delivers impressively quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance for both still and video applications. Compatible with Sony’s Direct Manual Focus function and Eye AF on enabled cameras, and full-time manual focus override is available.
- Designed and built with moisture-resistant construction for use in inclement conditions, plus a fluorine coating on the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
In the Box
- Tamron 150-500mm f/5-6.7 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E
- Round Lens Hood
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Arca-Type Tripod Foot