Flagship Imaging Platform
High Resolution 25MP Sensor, 5.7K Video
For maximum sharpness, the sensor is unhindered by a low-pass filter; it smooths out any moiré through intelligent detail processing from its updated Venus engine. Relying on its next-generation image stabilization, this camera synthesizes eight distinct images into a single 100MP image – all without requiring a tripod.
Lightning-Fast Sensor Readout
Stabilization: In-Body, Sensor-Shift
- In-body, sensor-shift, 5-axis image stabilization is obtained with a high-precision gyro-sensor and a stabilization algorithm. At all focal lengths, this stabilization technology offers 7.5 stops of deviance from the shutter speed dictated by the reciprocal rule.
- Its in-body, sensor-shift technology works seamlessly with the optical image stabilization of Panasonic lenses. Electronic stabilization is available who those who accept the slight cropping effect it requires. Boost I.S. mode is the most extreme form of electronic stabilization, simulating a shot locked off on a tripod.
AF & AE Highlights
- The processing speed of the autofocus has been tripled, powering the 315-area contrast-detection depth-from-defocus (DFD) system. The updated algorithm calculates the distance to your subject and predicts whether it is moving closer or further away from the camera, anticipating where it will be for the following frame. It functions by collecting data from several focal planes, then creating a 3D, real-time depth map.
- The subject-tracking focusing system also supports face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. The autofocus will automatically switch from body recognition to face, then eye recognition as the subject approaches the camera for improved sharpness.
- The Focus Limiter, Manual Focus Assist and an updated joystick enable quick and precise focusing. Zone AF is a less obstructive overlay, and Face Priority in Multi Metering prevents unwanted exposure changes.
Professional-Grade High Bitrate Video
- 5.7K 30p recording is supported in the high-quality Apple ProRes 422 HQ/ProRes 422 codecs for visually lossless, high bitrate footage well-suited for intense manipulation in post-production.
- The Panasonic Lumix GH6 Mirrorless Camera supports unlimited recording up to DCI 4K at 60p with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling for pristine detail and depth in color grading.
Preserve 13+ Stops of Detail
- Shooting in V-Log and V-Gamut will give you 12+ stops of dynamic range, which can be increased to 13+ stops by activating its dual-analog gain circuits with Dynamic Range Boost Mode. One circuit using ISO 800 absorbs the richness of the visible spectrum while maintaining detail in the highlights, and ISO 2000 captures low-noise gradients of black in the shadows.
- The well-exposed picture is composited once passing through the Image Synthesis Dedicated Circuit. This makes it different from a dual-native design because you’re not selecting one ISO or the other, but both are working in tandem. Dynamic Range Boost Mode is available for footage shot up to 60 fps.
Unlimited Recording Times
Intelligent Image Processing
Flat Profile & Expansive Color Space
- Record open gate with the 4:3 sensor for 5.8K 30p 4:2:0 10-bit and 4.4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit video.
- Store up to 10 anamorphic lenses on the GH6 for quick swaps and ready-to-view, desqueezed footage. Images can be desqueezed in cinescope size. Magnification rate is also selectable from 1.30x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 1.8x or 2.0x.
- The Image Stabilizer Anamorphic setting is ideal for using an anamorphic lens. To properly interpret the visual information for stabilization processing, select from 1.30x, 1.33x, 1.5x, 1.8x or 2.0x depending on the lens magnification.
Scopes & Assists
- The Wave Form Monitor, Vector Scope, and Luminance Spot Meter feed you vital information about your levels.
- Time lapse video interval capture is customizable for both shooting and playback durations, complete with exposure smoothing.
- Focus Transition, Frame Indicator, and Frame Marker improve the workflow in both production and post-production.
- Safety Zone Marker, Vertical Position Information, Center Marker Options, and Enlarged Live Display help keep your action properly oriented, centered, and in focus.
To meet clients’ needs as new technologies emerge, Panasonic is planning to release the following firmware updates:
- DCI4K Apple ProRes 422 HQ / Apple ProRes 422
- FHD Apple ProRes 422 HQ / Apple ProRes 422
- USB-SSD Direct Recording
- 4K 120p HDMI Video Output during Live View
- 4K 120p HDMI RAW Video Data Output to ATOMOS Ninja V+
Clean Details in Low Light
Rapid-Fire for Three Seconds
- Several picture profiles are included to save time editing, including L. Classic Neo, a film-like effect with a nostalgic, soft coloring. L. Monochrome S is a black and white effect with a gentle touch suited to portraits. Cinelike modes have a film-like finishing touch using a gamma curve to prioritize dynamic range or contrast.
- For professional control, V-Log’s flat profile is available when taking stills. Manually adjust the contrast, saturation and sharpness and save it as My Photo Style 1-10 for a detailed profile down to the ISO and white balance.
Professional and Reliable Design
CFexpress Type B & SD
Danger: High Voltage
Weatherproof Below Freezing
- Spend less time rummaging through digital menus by using its dual ring selectors find your preferred shooting mode. The design of the camera incorporates dedicated buttons for key features like the zoomed-in manual focus assist box and audio information button for quick adjustments of the levels.
- An additional video record button on the face of the GH6 is more accessible when mounted on a shoulder rig. The camera is designed to be as small and lightweight as possible, increasing its compatibility with motorized gimbals and commercial drones (available separately).
Wireless & Remote Control
- To expand the flexibility of data transfers and remote control, wireless options are built into the design. Wi-Fi 5GHz and Bluetooth v5.0 enable the transfer of photos and footage to a cell phone, which can then be beamed to a news station. Updating the camera’s firmware can be accomplished wirelessly via a smartphone.
- Remotely control up to 12 GH6 cameras via and LUMIX Tether app via USB. Adjust settings like the metering mode, recording quality, and focus mode, then transfer the footage to the computer after recording. When prepping those cameras, save time and reduce errors by using the Lumix SYNC app to wirelessly match the recording settings.
- This camera provides options to connect to external devices. The USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C enables data transfers of 10Gb/s, powers the camera, or charges the battery. The HDMI Type-A port feeds the footage to an external recorder, or the hot shoe mount connects to an XLR expansion device like the DMW-XLR1 (available separately).
- A 3.5mm headphone jack is located on the side of the camera, above the 3.5mm headphone jack. On the front of the camera, a flash synchro socket doubles as a timecode in/out when using the included BNC converter cable.