An ideal entrance to Panasonic‘s full-frame L-mount system, the Panasonic Lumix DC-S1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens bundles the versatile S1 camera body with the Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8 standard zoom lens.
As part of Panasonic‘s entry into full-frame mirrorless, the Lumix DC-S1 is a well-rounded camera offering advanced feature-sets for both stills and video, along with a robust physical construction. Characterized by its full-frame 24.2MP MOS sensor, which is supported by an updated Venus Engine, the S1 offers impressive image quality along with a quick 9 fps shooting rate and expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 204800.
In regard to video, the Panasonic Lumix DC-S1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens can record UHD 4K30p with full-pixel readout, 4:2:2 10-bit color, and unlimited shooting times, as well as 4K60p for up to 29:59. HDR video recording is possible using the dedicated Hybrid Log Gamma mode, and a firmware update will be available to add 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording along with V-Log. Complementing both stills and video capabilities, the image sensor also utilizes an advanced DFD contrast-detection autofocus system for quick and precise focusing and subject tracking. Additionally, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 6.0 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
Beyond the imaging attributes, the S1 is also distinguished by its body design, which incorporates an impressively high resolution 5.76m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder along with a 3.2″ 2.1m-dot triaxial tilt touchscreen LCD. The magnesium-alloy body is weather-sealed to permit working in harsh conditions and has a top status LCD for reviewing shooting settings on the fly. CFexpress Type B/XQD and SD card slots offer flexible storage capabilities and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity afford remote camera control along with wireless image transferring to tablets and smartphones.
Panasonic Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens
A contemporary take on the classic fast standard zoom, the Panasonic Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8 is an L-mount wide-angle to short-telephoto lens characterized by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture and sophisticated optical design. Aspherical, UHR, and ED elements are used to produce well-corrected imagery with high sharpness, accurate color rendering, and notable clarity throughout the zoom and focus ranges. Complementing the optics is a double focus system, which utilizes both a linear motor and a stepping motor, to provide especially fast and precise focusing performance. Additionally, the lens sports a weather-sealed design for use in harsh conditions and a rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality with smooth transitions between the in-focus and out-of-focus regions of the image.
- Standard zoom is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and affords greater control over depth of field.
- Three aspherical elements and one ultra-high refractive index element help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to produce a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- A double focus system employs both a linear motor and a stepping motor to deliver impressively fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance.
- Manual focus clutch allows you to simply push or pull the focusing range to quickly switch between AF and MF focusing modes.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions down to -14°F.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Panasonic Lumix DC-S1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens
- Panasonic DMW-BLJ31 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 3100mAh)
- Panasonic DMW-BTC14 Battery Charger
- AC Adapter and AC Mains Lead
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C Cable
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A Cable
- Body Cap
- Shoulder Strap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Flash Sync Socket Cap
- Battery Grip Connector Cover
- Cable Holder
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Hood
- Lens Bag