Canon EOS 90D with 18-55mm Lens
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- UHD 4K30p & Full HD 120p Video Recording
- 3″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 45-Point All Cross-Type AF System
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5481 AF Points
- Up to 10-fps Shooting, ISO 100-25600
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- EOS iTR AF, Electronic Shutter Function
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens
Situated as a versatile camera with capable photo and video traits, the Canon EOS 90D with 18-55mm Lens is a sleek DSLR also characterized by its high-resolution 32.5MP APS–C CMOS sensor. This updated sensor design achieves enhanced image clarity, resolution, and dynamic range, along with adept sensitivity to ISO 25600 and low noise to suit working in a variety of situations. Combined with advanced image processing, this sensor is also capable of outputting UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p video, as well as supporting continuous stills shooting rates up to 10 fps. When working with the optical viewfinder, an apt 45-point all cross-type AF system affords fast performance in a range of lighting conditions for tracking moving subjects and working in low light, while the 5481-point Dual Pixel CMOS AF system benefits live-view shooting and movie recording by providing a smooth, natural focusing quality akin to the way a camcorder acquires focus. Complementing the imaging capabilities, the Canon EOS 90D with 18-55mm Lens sports a vari-angle touchscreen LCD for intuitive control and compositional freedom, and an optical pentaprism viewfinder provides a bright, clear, and realistic viewing means characteristic of the DSLR shooting experience. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to pair mobile devices with the Canon EOS 90D with 18-55mm Lens to wirelessly transfer files for sharing your photos and movies online.
32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions down to -3 EV. For working with telephoto lenses fitted with extenders, 27 of the points are capable of focusing down to f/8 and the center dual cross-type offers increased precision at brighter aperture values. The cross-type design of the sensors affords greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting conditions, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is ideal for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects. Making use of the 45-points is a series of four AF area selection modes, including single-point AF; Zone AF, where you can select from one of nine AF zones; Large Zone AF, which offers a choice of three selectable zones; and 45-point AF auto selection, which allows the camera to select a single point automatically.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that features 5481 selectable autofocus points. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. Dual Pixel CMOS AF integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Touchscreen 3.0″ 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
- The pentaprism type optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, AF points and mode, compositional grids, a horizontal electronic level, and other assistive features can be displayed during use.
- Included LP-E6N battery provides approximately 1300 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth connectivity permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities when using the Canon Camera Connect app. This app also enables a mobile raw-editing workflow for greater post-production freedom.
Other Camera Features
- In-camera 4K time-lapses can be produced, along with 4K frame grabs for effectively shooting 8MP stills at up to 30 fps.
- A revised 220000-pixel AE metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- EOS iTR autofocus provides face detection for refined focus control when shooting portraits.
- Electronic shutter function permits working with shutter speeds up to 1/16000 of a second.
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens
- Canon EOS 90D DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- EC2 Wide Camera Strap