Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera
A compact and lightweight camera, the Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera is a highly versatile mirrorless camera with a sophisticated photo and video feature set. Geared towards content creators and vloggers, this camera is slightly smaller and lighter than the EOS M50 Mark II and features an upgraded 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC X image processor to deliver high-resolution stills and UHD 4K videos.
24.2MP APS–C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processing
Pairing a powerful 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC X image processor, the R50 delivers high resolution imagery with striking and accurate colors. Designed to work in a variety of lighting condition, this camera offers a flexible ISO 100-32000 range that is expandable to ISO 51200 for working in difficult lighting conditions. Using the full width of the sensor, 6K oversampled UHD 4K 30p video recording is supported as is Full HD 1080 120p for slow motion playback. Additionally, 1-hour of video recording is now available. Capable of processing high speed bursts and high-resolution 4K video, the DIGIC X image processor also supports up to 15 fps continuous shooting via its silent electronic shutter.
Enhanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
Featuring 651 high precision autofocus zones, the advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system provides fast and accurate focusing performance. This phase-detection focusing system offers enhanced subject detection and tracking, with the ability to intelligently recognize people, animals, and vehicles while automatically locking onto these subjects and maintaining sharp focus throughout bursts and video captures.
2.36m-Dot EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
Providing high-resolution eye-level viewing, the Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera is designed with a bright and clear 2.36m-dot OLED EVF for a pleasing electronic viewfinder experience. Additionally, a large 3.0″ 1.62m-dot vari-angle touchscreen provides an intuitive interface for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design for ease-of-use when working from high and low angles.
Advanced A+ Assist
Experience the joy of creative photography with an expanded array of auto-compatible scenes. Advanced A+ Assist enables great imagery even in difficult settings such as night views and backlit scenarios. Overexposure is automatically reduced so you can capture dynamic scenes or bright portraits, and multiple continuous shots are taken to create beautiful night images or macro photography with a deeper depth of field.
Simple and Convenient Vlogging
With video recording features such as uncropped UHD 4K movie recording at up to 30 fps, Full-HD High-frame rate movie recording at up to 120 fps, Dual Pixel CMOS AF tracking, and Movie for Close-up Demo Mode, the R50 camera makes vlogging and video content creation simple and convenient. The camera also lets you continuously record video for up to 1 hour, allowing you to set up your video and keep your vlog, podcast, or other video project rolling without worrying about it stopping.
Movie for Close-Up Demos Mode
Ensure the correct subject is in focus with Movie for Close-Up Demos Mode on the Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera. This mode quickly switches focus from the on-camera subject to an object that is presented towards the camera’s lens, ideal for movies where showing a product to the viewers is necessary such as in makeup demos or cooking videos.
Vertical Movie Mode and Aspect Markers
Movie rotation information can be set during or after movie recording, allowing videos to be played in vertical composition when viewing on a smartphone. The Aspect Markers function displays visual markers for different aspect ratios that may be desired for posting the same file to various social media sites. This display provides consideration for proper composition for the different deliverable files that can be created when editing.
- Wired and wireless connectivity options allow for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, livestreaming, as well as for remotely controlling the camera. Physically, the camera features a USB-C port, a micro-HDMI port, and a microphone port for video recording.
- UVC/UAC compatibility allows the R50 camera to be used as a web camera to stream live video in Full HD without additional computer software. Compatible applications include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and similar on-line web conferencing software.
- Built-in Bluetooth pairing lets you easily connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life, while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you’ve captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables quick and seamless wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing, and transfer. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Built-in USB-C allows you to connect the camera to a smartphone or computer. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.
Pop-Up Flash and Next-Generation Multi-Function Shoe
A built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions, and the camera’s Multi-Function Shoe adds a row of pins at the front of the design to permit greater accessory functionality. This next-generation shoe also provides power to select accessory types that traditionally rely on separate batteries.