Zoom PodTrak P8 Portable Multitrack Podcast Recorder
- 6 x High-Gain XLR Mic Inputs with +48V
- 6 x Independent Headphone Outputs
- 9 Sound Pads, 4 Banks for Music/Samples
- Mix-Minus for 2 Echo-Free Remote Callers
- Onboard Recording & Editing Controls
- Tone-Enhancing Options & Noise Reduction
- Separate Gain, Mute & Headphone Volume
- Powered via Batteries, AC, or USB
- Supports SDXC Cards up to 512GB
- Class-Compliant Mode for iOS Devices
Purpose–built for recording, editing, and producing polished multi-person podcasts anywhere you go without the need for a computer, the Zoom PodTrak P8 is a portable multitrack podcast recorder that lets you quickly record up to six mics, handle 2 echo-free remote call-ins simultaneously, trigger sound samples, and provide separate headphone feeds for all your guests, all at the same time and with refreshing simplicity, thanks to the large full-color LCD touchscreen.
From the intuitive, tactile controls to the powerful audio processing and editing functions, the PodTrak P8 is well equipped to help you record, stream, and export pristine audio for complex panel podcasts. Dynamic and condenser mics, customizable sound pads, call-ins via your smartphone or computer, and independent headphone outs; the PodTrak P8 can manage everything you need a podcast production station to do.
Extra touches including per-channel tone controls, compression/de-essing, limiters, low-cut filters, and noise reduction—all stellar tools for achieving professional-sounding tracks, an integrated mix-minus function to prevent echo and feedback for remote guests, and multiple powering methods make the PodTrak P8 a truly powerful all-in-one solution for podcasting.
PodTrack P8 vs P4
Six High-Gain Mic Inputs
Headphone Mixes for You and All Your Guests
Outfitted with six 3.5mm stereo headphone outputs, the PodTrak P8 can provide you and your guests with independent headphone mixes, each with its own color-coded level control below the color-matched headphone jack. No matter the scenario—an exclusive interview or a raucous panel podcast, everyone will be able to clearly hear what’s going on.
For optimal configuration in your home studio, the PodTrak P8 also has two balanced 1/4″ speaker outputs with a dedicated volume control; just plug them into a pair of active monitors, turn up the volume, and listen away.
Echo-Free Remote Call-Ins
Knowing how frequently podcasters collaborate with remote guests, Zoom integrated two ways to accommodate call-ins through physical connections—plug your smartphone directly into the 3.5mm TRRS phone port (on channel 7), connect a computer via USB to bring in the audio from your conferencing software of choice to channel 6, or do both at the same time to feature two remote guests.
Whether you use TRRS, USB, or both, the Zoom PodTrak P8 automatically prevents echo and feedback with its built-in mix-minus feature; your remote guests will never be distracted by hearing their own voice echo back to them.
Supports BTA-2 for Wireless Remote Guests
Assignable Sound Pads with Preset Sounds
Instant Access to Volume, On-Air, and Mute for Each Input
Record up to 13 Tracks Simultaneously
SD Card Recording and Audio Interface Functionality
Designed for truly convenient portability, the Zoom PodTrak P8 can record directly to an SDHC card (up to 32GB capacity) or an SDXC card (up to 512GB capacity). A 4GB card will yield over three hours of 16-bit / 44.1 kHz 4-channel recording time using the BWF-compliant WAV format for uncompressed audio quality and industry-standard file compatibility. Note that media cards are available separately, and larger capacity cards may increase startup times.
Alternatively, use the PodTrak P8 as a 2-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface (at 16-bit / 44.1 kHz) with your Mac/Windows computer or iOS/Android mobile device (separately available Apple Camera Connection Kit is required for use with iOS devices).
Powered via AA Batteries, AC Adapter, or USB
Powerful Signal Processing Adds Sonic Polish
The PodTrak P8’s onboard effects allow you to add professional polish to your recordings without resorting to postproduction processing on a computer. Via the touchscreen, you can access each channel’s easy-to-use settings.
- Mic Preamp Gain: A simple slider adjusts the mic preamp gain while the meter is divided into Low, Good, and Over sections to help you set the level properly
- Limiter: Prevents distortion from sudden spikes in level
- Low-Cut Filter: Reduces wind noise, blowing, and other kinds of low-frequency rumble
- Tone: Drag the slider to make the sound brighter or warmer
- Compresser/DeEsser: Provides more presence and impact
Plus, a selectable Noise Reduction setting automatically lowers the volume of silent mic tracks to reduce overall background noise.
- Ideal for international use, the PodTrak P8’s touchscreen can be set to one of six languages—English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Japanese
- Color-coded inputs, outputs, and controls make on-the-fly adjustments a breeze and keep you focused on the discussion
- Transfer track files to your computer to do a final mix in your favorite DAW software