Zoom F8n Pro 8-Input / 10-Track Multitrack Field Recorder
- Location Recording and Filmmaking
- 32-Bit Float Recording Avoids Clipping
- 8 x High-Gain, Low-Noise Mic Preamps
- Records 8 Inputs & Stereo Mix
- Ambisonics, WAV & MP3 Audio Formats
- Supports Control via App or F-Control
- Flexible Powering Options
- Dual SD Card / USB Interface Recording
- AutoMix Software Reduces Mix Noise
- Precision Time Code Reader/Generator
Capture every location recording quickly and cleanly with the Zoom F8n Pro, a sound bag–friendly multitrack field recorder with 32-bit float technology for immense dynamic range that frees you from clipping and manual gain adjustments. Offering 8-input / 10-track recording, separate converters for quiet and loud sounds, and high-grade preamps with mic/line input switching, the F8n Pro packs quantity and quality into a rugged frame that’s more than ready for filmmaking, production/location sound mixing, sound effects recording, and electronic news gathering.
From the large, informative color display and user-friendly controls to the flexible powering methods, remote control options, and precision time code functionality, the F8n Pro is properly equipped to please novices and demanding veterans alike. Whether you need long-duration stereo recording for an interview, redundant capture of multi-mic setups for a video shoot, or Ambisonics sound files for virtual reality and 360-audio projects, the F8n Pro has the modes, resolutions, and media support to handle your crucial audio tasks.
Enhancements on the Pro Model
Extending the legacy of the F8n, the F8n Pro adds dual analog-to-digital converters and 32-bit float recording, enabling pristine audio recording without gain adjustment and without clipping.
- Separate A/D converters for low and high gain allow the F8n Pro to achieve equally impressive SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) performance for quiet and loud sounds.
- The 32-bit float WAV format can maintain the resolution at the time of recording, and even if normalization processing is performed after recording, the original sound is reproduced without deterioration.
- It can also be used as an 8-input / 4-output USB audio interface that supports 32-bit float resolution.
Studio-Quality Performance for Discerning Professionals
Zoom Mic Capsule Input
Configurable Recording Settings for Any Situation
Redundant Recording and Pre-Recording
Track directly to an SD card while recording USB audio to a computer for safe, “redundant” capture of takes. The F8n Pro has dual SD card slots supporting SDXC cards up to 1TB, allowing high-resolution recording, even for long shoots. Record the same content to both cards or select different file formats for each card.The pre-record function allows you to capture up to six seconds of audio before you hit the Record button, guaranteeing you never miss a take.
Multiple Output Feeds
Outfitted with two TA3 balanced main outputs and an unbalanced 3.5mm submix out, the F8n Pro is a capable field mixer. Since the main and sub outs can be fed from different or identical sources, you can easily route to multiple devices such as a camera, DSLR, mixer, or secondary recorder.With a transparent and high-output 100mW per channel headphone amplifier tied to a dedicated 1/4″ stereo output, the F8n Pro provides clean, efficient monitoring of pre- or post-fader levels, independent left/right signals, and alerts for battery and recording status.
Ambisonics Support for VR, AR, and 360-Audio
Precision Time Code and Synchronization Features
Efficient Remote Control Options
If you need extensive external control, Zoom has you covered. For fast and fluid hands-on remote control, the Zoom F-Control (available separately) is ideal. It features smooth 60mm faders, plus tactile controls for trim, pan, arming tracks, transport operations, and more.For convenient wireless remote control from an iOS mobile device, use the free “F8 Control” app to quickly monitor and tweak levels, operate transport controls, add metadata, and more. An Android version of F8 Control is planned for release in 2022.