Distinguished by its impressively fast design, the Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Lens for Canon EF is a unique Art–series zoom covering a range of wide-angle focal lengths. Intended to replace a series of wide-angle primes, this 24-35mm zoom stands out due to its bright f/2 constant maximum aperture, which benefits both depth of field control as well as the ability to work in low-light conditions. This lens is also characterized by a sophisticated optical design, which incorporates several low dispersion and aspherical elements to greatly reduce color fringing and distortion throughout the zoom range. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to individual elements in order to minimize flare and ghosting for greater contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Lens for Canon EF sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens’ is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 38.4-56mm equivalent focal length range.
- Fast, constant f/2 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and also provides greater control over depth of field when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- One F Low Dispersion (FLD) element and seven Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, two of which are also aspherical, markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with an internal focusing system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.