The Saramonic UwMic9 Wireless Handheld Microphone provides vloggers, mobile journalists, and content creators with a quality-sounding, easy-to use, flexible UHF system that packs a set of sophisticated features into a cost-effective solution.
Built for the rough-and-tumble world of production, the lightweight, all-metal components include a handheld transmitter microphone along with a two-channel receiver that’s ready to plug into your DSLR/mirrorless camera, recorder, or smartphone (with a cable available separately).
The receiver’s two-channel capability allows you to expand your system in the future with an additional transmitter and microphone (available separately) for 2-person interviews—with no additional receiver necessary.
Simple to operate with minimal setup, the Saramonic UwMic9 Wireless Handheld Microphone lets you capture clear and natural speech for projects ranging from YouTube vlogs and wedding videos to corporate spots and interviews.
Flexible Operation for Clean Sound
- The microphone’s directional cardioid polar pattern helps to reject unwanted background sound, making it ideal in loud environments such as trade-show floors, busy public areas, or sporting events.
- The combo mute/power button on the mic can be locked with a switch hidden inside the body to prevent the talent from accidentally muting, changing the channel, or powering it down.
- A protective ring around the perimeter of the grille prevents the HU9 from rolling when resting on flat surfaces.
- The UWMIC9’s Auto Scan feature searches among 96 frequencies to find the cleanest available frequency for you, while the built-in infrared sync makes linking the transmitter and receiver a snap.
- Easy-to-understand menus and controls, along with backlit LCD displays, allow you to make quick adjustments under varying lighting conditions.
- The transmitter offers two selectable levels of wireless transmission power. The high setting is designed to overcome interference in busy RF environments or when the subject is further from the receiver; the low setting conserves battery power.
- A headphone output on the receiver enables real-time audio monitoring, especially useful if your camera lacks a headphone output.
- Power is supplied via AA batteries for up to 6 hours of battery life.
- The system offers a maximum distance of up to 330′ and supports up to 8 mics at once on set.
Expand Your System and Do More
- For hands-free interviews and speech, you can add the TX9 bodypack transmitter with an omnidirectional lavalier mic.
- Adding the TX-XLR9 plug-on transmitter allows you to connect any handheld microphone of your choice or a shotgun mic for wireless booming. You can even apply 48V phantom for condenser mics.
- A wide selection of optional output cables (available separately) allows you to connect the receiver to smartphones and tablets via Lightning or USB Type-C ports, or the TRRS headphone output. There is also a mini-USB cable for action cameras and a USB Type-A cable for computers.