Rode VideoMic GO II Shotgun Microphone
- Vlogger, Run & Gun, Voiceover, Podcaster
- For Cameras, Mobile Devices & Computers
- Runs on Plug-In Power or USB Power
- Simple Operation with No Controls
- 3.5mm TRS Output to Camera or Headphones
- USB Type-C Digital Audio Output
- Detachable Flat 3.5mm Cable
- Works with Rode Connect Software
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Includes Shoe/Pole Shockmount
Out of stock
As a smaller, simplified version of the extremely versatile VideoMic NTG, the Rode VideoMic GO II Shotgun Microphone is an ultracompact radical departure from the original VideoMic GO, with significant upgrades to the body, shockmount, cable, and more. It gives video content creators, run–and-gun filmmakers, voiceover artists, and podcasters the sound of the highly regarded NTG shotguns in a convenient camera-mount mic that works with cameras, portable recorders, iOS and Android mobile devices, and USB-equipped computers.
Use the VideoMic GO II as a traditional shotgun mic for your DSLR or turn it into a digital microphone by connecting it to your smartphone, tablet, or laptop with separately available cables; in both configurations it delivers focused directivity, low noise, and isolation from external vibrations. When used as a USB microphone, the 3.5mm jack functions as a headphone output for monitoring the live signal or playback from your host device. Since the mic runs on plug-in power or USB power and has no controls or switches, it is easy and fast to operate.
What’s New in Version II
Technology Ported from the VideoMic NTG
Directional Sound Pickup
TRS Camera Connection
Full USB Microphone Functionality
MFi-Certified for Apple iOS Mobile Devices
Convenient Headphone Monitoring
Uses Plug-In Power or USB Power
Shockmount with Sliding Rail and Cable Management
Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
Works with Rode Apps
- Rode Connect: Record with up to four microphones on a computer, with intuitive controls and powerful features. Create pro-quality podcasts or livestreams, and access studio-quality processing at the click of a button.
- Rode Reporter: Configure device settings, including adjusting the input gain, engaging a high-pass filter, high-frequency boost, and pad, and recording broadcast-quality audio on the go with your mobile device.
- Rode Central: Unlock advanced features and configure device settings anywhere. Set the input gain, engage a high-pass filter, high-frequency boost, and pad, and update firmware for accessing new features.