Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body with FTZ Adapter Kit
- 24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- Dual EXPEED 6 Image Processors
- UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- 14 fps Cont. Shooting, ISO 100-51200
- 273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- 3.6m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.2″ 2.1m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 5-Axis In-Body Vibration Reduction
- Dual Memory Card Slots
- FTZ Mount Adapter
More speed, more versatility, more performance, the Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body with FTZ Adapter Kit is an updated take on the all-rounder mirrorless camera designed for high-end photo and video applications. Despite the wealth of upgrades, the Z 6II retains its familiar form factor and prized image quality to benefit working multimedia image-makers.
Revolving around a 24.5MP BSI CMOS sensor and dual EXPEED 6 image processors, the Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body with FTZ Adapter Kit is characterized by an increased buffer depth and faster continuous shooting rate, up to 14 fps with single-point AF or 12 fps shooting in other focusing modes. Video recording at UHD 4K 30p is possible, or up to FHD 120p for slow-motion output, and external recording gains 10-bit out along with N-Log and HLG (HDR) support. The sensor also suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, with sensitivity from ISO 100-51200, and in-body 5-axis Vibration Reduction reduces the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the sensor also incorporates a 273-point phase-detection AF system, which now supports Eye-Detect AF in Wide-Area AF modes and during movie recording, and permits focusing in low-light down to -4.5 EV.
Balancing the imaging, the Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Digital Camera Body with FTZ Adapter Kit retains its overall physical design, however it has been updated with a new dual memory card slot interface to hold one CFexpress Type B card and one SD UHS-II card for more flexible storage. Both a high-res 3.6m-dot OLED EVF and rear 3.2″ 2.1m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD lend versatility to image composition and playback, and SnapBridge wireless connectivity can be used for remote camera control, image sharing to a mobile device, and even over-the-air firmware updates.
Firmware version 1.10 unlocks UHD 4K recording at 60p and 50p frame rates, enables raw video output to Blackmagic Design Video Assist external recorders, and improves eye-detection performance when using Auto-Area AF and Wide-Area AF modes.
Second Generation Z
Improving upon their initial efforts, Nikon has revised the Z 6 platform to offer more speed, faster processing, and greater versatility without sacrificing the beloved qualities of the original camera.
- Dual EXPEED 6 image processors offer increased buffer performance, a faster 14 fps continuous shooting rate, and noticeably reduced blackout times in the viewfinder.
- Updated autofocus now includes Eye and Face Detection for both humans and animals in the Wide-Area AF mode, for both photo and video recording.
- Timed long exposure shooting is now possible for up to 900 seconds (15 minutes) without the need of an external remote.
- Dual memory card slots offer more flexible file storage capabilities; one CFexpress Type B and one SD UHS-II slot permit overflow, segregated, and repetitive saving options.
- USB Type-C port permits in-camera charging or continuous power for on-the-go charging or extended shooting times.
- The rotation direction of the focus ring on lenses can be switched to suit one’s familiarity.
- Support for HDR (HLG) mode when recording externally gives instant HDR-suitable video files for immediate playback. N-Log is also available for enhanced control during post-production and grading, too.
- Future firmware update will add UHD 4K 60p recording, in addition to the current 30p frame rate.
- Eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, enabling the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade provides greater color grading flexibility with the ProRes codec along with the ability to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage over HDMI. This upgrade will be available in early 2021.
- The SnapBridge wireless connectivity can be used to update the camera’s firmware, instead of relying on a memory card-based system of updating.
- Updated creative shooting modes include Multiple Exposure, 20 different Picture Control settings, and in-camera Timelapse recording. There is also a Focus Shift mode for recording up to 300 sequential frames with the focus position shifted between exposures for focus stacking applications.
- Compatible with optional MB-N11 Power Battery Pack for additional battery life and improved handling.
Nikon FTZ Mount Adapter
Enabling the use of nearly any Nikon F-mount lens on Z-mount mirrorless camera bodies, the FTZ Mount Adapter is a sophisticated means for expanding the range of usable lenses. While compatible with approximately 360 distinct F-mount lenses, this adapter is especially ideal for use with over 90 E, and G-type lenses, where it fully maintains autofocus and auto-exposure capabilities for seamless use of the SLR lenses on the mirrorless body. The adapter fully maintains auto-exposure function for D-type lenses, but autofocus is not supported. The adapter is built from magnesium alloy and is weather-sealed, and also incorporates a 1/4″-20 mount on the base to provide a more balanced means for working on a tripod with longer, heavier lenses.
NOTE: Autofocus not supported on D-Series lenses.
Full AE/AF supported when using:
- AF-S type G/E lenses
- AF-P type G/E lenses
- AF-S / AF-I teleconverters
Full AE supported when using:
- AF-S type G/D/E lenses
- AF-P type G/E lenses
- AF-I type D lenses
- AF-S / AF-I teleconverters