Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S Lens
- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coatings
- Multi-Focus Stepping Motor AF System
- Programmable Control Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Popular for portraiture, the Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S Lens is a short–telephoto prime characterized by its flattering focal length and bright f/1.8 design. The maximum aperture strikes a balance between size, weight, and speed, offering suitable speed for working in difficult lighting yet remaining sleek enough for handheld use. In terms of optics, two extra-low dispersion elements are featured, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color fidelity. Also, both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings are used to suppress flare and ghosting for greater color fidelity and higher contrast.
Complementing the optical design, a multi-focus system, which employs two stepping motors, helps to realize impressively fast, accurate, and quiet focus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to suit both stills and video needs. Additionally, on the Nikon NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S Lens a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF drive units, which are synchronized, to deliver especially fast and accurate focusing performance. This system uses stepping motors, which offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus qualities, that are well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.