A fast and flexible normal-length prime, the FUJIFILM XF 35mm f/1.4 R Lens is a 53mm-equivalent lens characterized by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture. This design benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter and using selective focus techniques. The optical design employs one aspherical element, which reduces distortion and spherical aberrations in order to achieve higher sharpness and accurate rendering. A Super EBC coating is also featured, which reduces flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity. Other distinctive feature of the FUJIFILM XF 35mm f/1.4 R Lens are:
- Prime normal-length lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 53mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressive f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.