The Canon XA40 UHD 4K Camcorder is a compact, lightweight camera featuring UHD 4K capture, a 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor, two XLR audio inputs, and one mini-HDMI output which fits right into the ENG category for documentary or journalism-style productions.
The XA40’s optics include an integrated 20x HD optical zoom and an eight-bladed circular iris for more natural highlights. The camera’s pro-style features include Hybrid, Normal, Face Only, Manual Focus, Instant, and Canon’s Medium autofocus; fast- and slow-motion recording, full manual control, optical and electronic image stabilization, a 3″ touchscreen LCD, user-assignable buttons, infrared mode, and a DIG!C DV 6 image processor with high sensitivity and low noise. The XA40 also has display monitoring features such as zebra, color bars, and test tone.
The camera records UHD 4K30 and Full HD 1080p60 captured to dual SD card slots, and outputs to a mini-HDMI port. The dual SD card slots allow for automatic switching from one card to another, as well as simultaneous recording to both. The camera can output up to 1920 x 1080p 10-bit 4:2:2 video at 59.94 fps via its mini-HDMI output. On the audio side, the Canon XA40 UHD 4K Camcorder features up to four channels of LPCM audio with manual/automatic recording levels, two XLR inputs with phantom power, and a 3.5mm stereo mini input. It features a built-in stereo microphone as well as a headphone jack.
- 8.29MP, 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor
- Integrated 20x optical zoom lens
- Optical and electronic image stabilization
- UHD 4K30 fps, HD 59.97 fps recording
- Dual XLR, 3.5mm mic/line audio inputs
- MP4 recording
- DIG!C DV 6 processor
- Two SD memory card slots
- Mini-HDMI output
- 1/4″-20 tripod mounting thread
In the Box
- Canon XA40 Professional UHD 4K Camcorder
- Canon CA-570 Compact AC Power Adapter
- Canon BP-820 Lithium-Ion Single Battery Pack(1780mAh, Retail Packaging)
- Lens Hood with Lens Cover
- Microphone Holder